Hmm, what goes well with hiking and biking through the great outdoors of northern Michigan? Beer.
What pairs well with holiday shopping at boutiques full of unique, Michigan-made gifts? Beer.
What makes a great match for a romantic escape? A girlfriend getaway? A guy’s weekend? Yep. Beer.
Mmm, good thing Traverse City Beer Week is still happening this fall! Go ahead and take a break from the turmoil of 2020 and get #HoppyinTC from Nov. 13-20.
“2020 has certainly had its share of negativity, but when it comes to sipping beer in northern Michigan we know there’s potential to put people in their happy place,” said Coryn Briggs, director of digital marketing at TC Tourism and the coordinator for TC Beer Week.
The COVID-19 pandemic has altered much of our lives this year, and TC Beer Week is no exception. But even with a new look for the event, you can rest assured that the region’s craft breweries are still turning out a wide variety of unique, delicious flavors.
In fact, this year’s TC Beer Week even has some new participants including Stormcloud Brewing Co. The microbrewery in Frankfort will serve up its seasonal Oktoberfest and Pumpkin ales during TC Beer Week, and also expects to have on tap its new harvest ales brewed with freshly harvested, northern Michigan-grown hops!
Here’s how you can enjoy those flavors and many more during TC Beer Week 2020 and win a prize at the same time!
- This year’s event is entirely self-guided, so take a look at the special offers at participating breweries on the Beer Week Ale Trail and pick out places to visit. Note that reservations may be required at some places due to capacity limits. Short’s Brewing is taking reservations for its pub in Bellaire, for example. Check out social media or put in a quick call to see if reservations are needed for other breweries you’d like to visit.
- You can use a digital passport available via text or email starting Nov. 13 to take advantage of promotions and savings at participating breweries. And don’t forget that many restaurants are part of the fun, too. Just show your phone to redeem great deals!
- If you check in at five or more TC Beer Week businesses, you win a prize of your choice – either a TC Beer Week T-shirt or a Traverse City fanny pack! Remember to wash your hands, wear a facemask and maintain safe social distancing while enjoying great Traverse City beers.
- If you stay at a participating Traverse City-area hotel during your TC Beer Week visit, you’ll be entered to win the event’s grand prize: a beer lover’s vacation package with $200 of Traverse City Tourism gift certificates to spend on future lodging, a T-shirt from Short’s Brewing, a howler and gift certificate from Acoustic Mead, a gift certificate to TheLittleFleet.com featuring hard-to-find beers, natural wines and rotating craft cocktails and a gift card from Stormcloud Brewing. Many places to stay are offering Fab Fall discounts from now until early December.
- All participants should expect to wear masks, maintain 6 feet of distance and have an awesome time!
“There may not be big events or big crowds this year, but there will be big flavor and fun savings!” Briggs said. “This year’s event is entirely self-guided, so visitors can take their time finding those #HoppyPlace moments while safely sipping around TC.”
RELATED: What to expect on a beer tour
The Traverse City region is home to two dozen microbreweries and has been touted as one of 7 Small Beer Cities that Deserve National Attention. It’s also one of the Most Under-the-Radar Food Towns in America and home to incredible four-season outdoor recreation including one of the Best Hikes in the U.S. Of course, Traverse City is popular for couples as one of the 5 Most Romantic Getaways in Michigan and this year was recognized as one of the 10 Best Social Distancing Travel Destinations In The USA.
Whatever your reason to travel, you can’t go wrong in Traverse City – especially during TC Beer Week when you can complement your adventure with deals on Michigan’s most inventive craft beer. Here’s a sampling of some of the specials on tap during TC Beer Week at participating breweries:
· Rare Bird Brewpub – $1 off First Rare Bird Pint
· Storm Cloud Brewing Co. – ½ off First Beer
· The Little Fleet – TO GO OPTION – FREE local delivery from their online store
· Short’s Brewing Co. – BOGO beer flights and growler fills. Plus, check out the new Pull Barn tasting room at the brewery’s Elk Rapids production facility. It’s now open year-round with indoor seating for 50 people and a big, beautiful custom-built bar and restrooms, too!
· Right Brain Brewery – $3 off a sampler tray or $2 off a signature pint
· North Peak Brewing Co. – $5 Five Beer Samplers, 10% off merchandise and $2 off one pint of your choice
Find a place to stay during TC Beer Week and book a room so you don’t miss out. Then, keep an eye on the Beer Week Facebook page for the latest updates and check out all the offers and promotions along the Beer Week Ale Trail!
Remember to access your TC Beer Week passport here starting Nov. 13 and come find your “hoppy place” in Traverse City!