Having searched a while for a larger home to meet the needs of their newly blended family, Dustin and Candie Sentz know it isn’t easy in this market to find just the right house in just the right place. That’s why the Jenison couple ended up building a new home in Lowing Woods.
The neighborhood of gorgeous new homes west of Grand Rapids not only is the ideal location for the Sentz family, it’s also a great place for any family as it features a community swimming pool, playground, walking trails and winding streets lined with trees and sidewalks.
Plus, because Lowing Woods is an Eastbrook Homes community, Dustin and Candie could build their new home exactly how they wanted.
“We toured some of the houses in here and liked the workmanship and quality of it,” said Dustin, a former builder. “We liked the ability to go on Eastbrook’s web site and look through their plans.
“We went with a lot of the upgrades they offered and we’re thankful we built it the way we wanted because we’re going to be here a long time.”
Dustin and Candie knew they wanted a main-floor master bedroom, so they filtered through the plans on the Eastbrook site and narrowed the options down to a handful. They also wanted a large basement so they could have a sizeable living space on that level of the house, too.
After browsing photographs of existing Eastbrook homes in dozens of communities around the state, Dustin and Candie ended up choosing a plan with an exterior look that’s unique to their new neighborhood. And they were able to partner with Eastbrook to accommodate personal touches such as custom handrails and a lower-level bar.
The couple chose paint colors, fixtures, trim and other features with the help of Eastbrook’s Home Creations Studio. They also selected certain upgrades including a larger garage.
“We were on that web site daily,” Candie said. “For me, it was fun. I had every plan printed out with all the different elevations and brought them to our families and said ‘What do you think about this?’ It was very organized.”
Dustin and Candie chose a Ready-to-Build Home, which is one of three great ways to partner with Eastbrook on building the home of your dreams:
- offers complete personalization of the exterior and interior of your home
- takes 7 to 9 months with assistance from Eastbrook’s Home Creation Studio
- benefits from the streamlined building process Eastbrook has honed over the past 50 years
- brand new homes already built and ready for you to move in as soon as 30 days after closing
- perfect if you need a home right now, or if you’re sick of bidding wars on existing homes
- beautiful, energy-efficient homes that come with new home warranties
- homes are partially built with the foundation, structural and exterior selections already finalized
- you get to choose and personalize interior features and finishes including paint colors, countertops, trim, lighting, fixtures, wall details and more
- takes about 90 days from start of construction and is ideal for getting into your new home quickly with a flexible budget
Dustin and Candie visited their new home in Lowing Woods almost daily while it was being built. Just as it was fun to look through Eastbrook’s home plans, it was fun to pop in and see the progress on their own custom home.
Then, after closing on the home in summer 2019, the couple popped the cork on some champagne to celebrate. They moved in last July, hosted family for the holidays and this Fourth of July enjoyed a golf cart parade through their new neighborhood.
“We were attracted to the community feel they have here and thought it would be a great place to raise a family,” Dustin said. “We’d do it all over again. We’re just so happy with the house.”
Find our more about partnering with Eastbrook Homes in the video below: